Aparna Systems is pioneering the Cloud-in-a-Box through the ultra-convergence of compute, storage and networking resources in a compact, energy-efficient and open software system. The Cloud-in-a-Box is ideal for both service providers and enterprise organizations that require a high-density, high-performance, and highly available, scalable and affordable solution for public or private clouds in distributed and edge computing environments, or who are exhausting available space, power or cooling in their data centers.
The Cloud-in-a-Box At-a-Glance
- Two models of Orca µCloud™ systems supporting up to 15 or 60 Orca µServers in a 4U chassis in either standard or telco racks
- Two models of Orca µServers with 8- or 16-ore Xeon CPUs, 64 GB of DDR RAM and 800 GB of SSD storage
- Support for bare metal, containerized and/or virtualized server clusters for single- and multi-tenant environments
- High performance with non-blocking system-level throughput for both solid state storage and networking
- High availability with Five-9’s uptime to handle mission-critical applications
- Low total cost of ownership with its disruptive reductions in CapEx and OpEx, setting a new price/performance standard for the
"Aparna’s Cloud-in-a-Box has the potential to be a real game-changer in a variety of applications, particularly at the edge of the network where organizations have struggled to find a practical and affordable way to deploy adequate resources."
Michael HowardSenior research director and advisor for Carrier Networks at IHS Markit
"The industry has adopted a cloud-first strategy, and the expansion of cloud to the edge of the communication service provider infrastructure favors a compact system like Aparna’s Cloud-in-a-Box."
Lee DoylePrincipal Analyst at Doyle Research
"Our network performance analytics platform requires us to detect problems and identify root causes in real-time, and Aparna’s Cloud-in-a-Box enables us to do that in a self-contained system with a remarkably small footprint."
Dr. Charles BarryCo-founder and chief technical officer at Jolata
"The Aparna Systems platform is extremely well-positioned and well-timed to capitalize on the enormous growth expected in the virtualization of network functions and services in a distributed cloud architecture."
Jim MetzlerPrincipal Analyst at Ashton, Metzler & Associates
"Aparna’s open software architecture and support for ONIE [Open Network Install Environment] make the Orca µCloud system an ideal platform for our OcNOS software."
Atsushi OgataPresident and CEO at IP Infusion
Aparna Systems Emerges from Stealth Mode to Announce the Industry’s First Open Software “Cloud-In-a-Box” Solution